History of GUAPS
The Griffith University Association of Pharmacy Students (GUAPS) are a non-for-profit organisation that represent the pharmacy students of Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus. It was founded in 2004 and has been affiliated with NAPSA since 2005. As a member of GUAPS students are also members of both NAPSA and IPSF.
GUAPS endeavors to:
- Offer members both social and educational benefits to enrich their university studies
- Provide the opportunity to network with the pharmaceutical industry
- Promote involvement in the organisation to help fellow pharmacy students get the most out of their time at university
- Encourage pharmacy students to know and support each other throughout their time at the university
Benefits of GUAPS Membership:
- Discounted pharmacy textbooks
- Access to the GUAPS second hand textbook register each semester
- Student Exchange
- Education events
- Free NAPSA & IPSF Membership
- Discounted attendance to Social Events
- Subsidised ticket to the GUAPS Annual Ball
- Invitation to the annual NAPSA Congress
- Information Nights
- Subsidised ticket to the Annual Networking Cocktail Party
- Access to many education courses
- AND MUCH MORE
GUAPS membership in 2018 costs $15 for the year.
Membership is not valid until payment has been received, however there is a short grace period in which you may use MyNAPSA while the GUAPS secretary processes your payment. Below are the payment options:
Once you have signed up on the NAPSA registration, go to the GUAPS desk in G16, on Level 3 where there is a little pigeon hole. Money can be left there with your name.
Reference: [student name] Membership