History of GUAPS
The Griffith University Association of Pharmacy Students (GUAPS) are a non-for-profit organisation that represent the pharmacy students of Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus. It was founded in 2004 and has been affiliated with NAPSA since 2005. As a member of GUAPS students are also members of both NAPSA and IPSF.
GUAPS endeavors to:
- Offer members both social and educational benefits to enrich their university studies
- Provide the opportunity to network with the pharmaceutical industry
- Promote involvement in the organisation to help fellow pharmacy students get the most out of their time at university
- Encourage pharmacy students to know and support each other throughout their time at the university
Benefits of GUAPS Membership:
- Discounted pharmacy textbooks
- Access to the GUAPS second hand textbook register each semester
- Student Exchange
- First Aid Course
- Free Blackmores Complementary Medicines Course
- Free NAPSA & IPSF Membership
- GUAPS Placement Shirts
- Free BBQs
- Discounted attendance to Social Events
- Subsidised ticket to the GUAPS Annual Ball
- Free GUAPS Gazette Newsletter
- Invitation to the annual NAPSA Congress
- Information Nights
- Pharmacy Careers Fair
- Subsidised ticket to the Annual Networking Cocktail Party
- Access to many education courses
- Sports teams
- AND MUCH MORE
GUAPS membership in 2018 costs $15 for the year.
Membership is not valid until payment has been received, however there is a short grace period in which you may use MyNAPSA while the GUAPS secretary processes your payment. You'll receive email notification once your payment has been processed.
Go to the GUAPS desk in G16, on Level 3. There are envelopes on the desk. Complete the form and put money inside the envelope, and bring it to G16 Level 4, where Candice Holani is found. Knock on Candice's door and give your money to Candice. If she is unavailable, Gillian Salinos should be the next office over, she can also accept the money.
Reference: [student number] Membership