History of QUTSPA
The Queensland University of Technology Student Pharmacy Association (QUTSPA) is a not for profit student association, based at the Queensland University of Technology Gardens Point Campus.
Since its establishment in 2007, the QUT Student Pharmacy Association has strived to provide its members with informative educational sessions, social and networking events as well as sporting events. It is hoped that through these events, QUTSPA can actively incorporate students into university life and provide career opportunities for future employment within the pharmacy industry.
QUTSPA endeavors to:
- Represent QUT pharmacy students on a local, state and national level.
- Liaise with fellow student groups, organisations and industry leaders to provide its members with optimal opportunity to further their education and industry knowledge.
- Promote good solidarity amongst members of the association.
- Facilitate contact for members with pharmacy students nationwide and worldwide through NAPSA and IPSF respectively.
- Promote pharmacy awareness and advance the standing of the profession in the broader community.
- Provide extra-curricular and social events to cater for students to network and establish relationships between fellow members.
Benefits of QUTSPA Membership:
- Automatic membership into the National Australian Pharmacy Student Association (NAPSA)
- Automatic membership into the International Pharmaceutical Student Federation (IPSF)
- Free first year orientation pack and BBQ
- Discounts to all functions run by QUTSPA such as the Annual Ball, Trivia Night, Pub-Crawls, BBQs, Half-way & Final year dinners.
- Provide networking opportunities to students between other universities and key industry members
- Invitation to NAPSA congress held in January each year
- Discounts on AMH textbook
- Discounted or free access to educational events such as Blackmores complementary medicine course and Stitches first aid course
- Discounted QUTSPA merchandise
- Provide students with resources such as NAPSA ePlacebo publications and frequent QUTSPA newsletters
QUTSPA Membership 2016
1st Year Pharmacy Students - Special Introductory Offer: $50 for FOUR years
2nd Year Pharmacy Students: $40 for THREE years
3rd Year Pharmacy Students: $30 for TWO years
4th Year Pharmacy Students: $15 for ONE year
QUTSPA membership is valid once forms have been completed and payment has been received.
Direct transfer is preferred however if you would like to pay in cash please contact your Year Level Representative or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bank details are as follows:
Reference: (Name) Member
BSB: 064 129
Account Number: 10640411
Account Name: The Queensland University of Technology Pharmacy Student Association
Please contact QUTSPA if you have any more questions.
We look forward to you enjoying the many perks of QUTSPA membership.