History of the TAPS
TAPS is one of the older student pharmacy organisations in Australia. Originally named TPSA, we have represented students studying pharmacy at the University of Tasmania in Hobart for over 60 years. TPSA was one of the original six branches of NAPSA and to this day we maintain strong ties with our parent organisation.
TAPS endeavors to:
- Protect and promote the status, rights and privileges of Members;
- Raise awareness and promote discussion of professional pharmacy issues to members;
- Encourage and facilitate interaction between pharmacists, pharmacy-related organisations, industry representatives and students on both educational and social levels;
- Promote and highlight the vocational opportunities available to members in all fields of Pharmacy;
- Facilitate contact with Pharmacy students nationwide and worldwide through the National Australian Pharmacy Students' Association and the International Pharmaceutical Students' Federation respectively;
- Advance the professional standing of the pharmacy profession in the community;
- Offer TAPS' members an opportunity to learn in an informal environment where by they can socialise with fellow TAPS members; and
- Have available a number of educational events throughout the academic year such that members' professional skills are enhanced.
Benefits of TAPS Membership:
- Access to bursaries for professional conferences
- Free/discounted educational courses complimentary to the current pharmacy curriculum such as first aid courses and alternative medicine information courses
- Discounted text books and educational software
- Opportunities to liaison/network with professional and industry representatives at social and educational events i.e. PSA, PGA, PDL
- TUU affiliated social and educational events
- NAPSA affiliated social events such as the national annual pharmacy student's congress
- Various social events i.e. the annual TAPS Pharmacy Ball and cocktail parties.
- Opportunities to run for positions of leadership within the TAPS and NAPSA boards
TAPS membership in 2016 costs $10
Membership is not valid until payment has been received, however there is a short grace period in which you may use MyNAPSA while the TAPS secretary processes your payment. You?ll receive email notification once your payment has been processed.
Complete the TAPS registration form, which can be found on the wall outside the pharmacy computer labs. Give the form and your money to any TAPS committee member, ideally your year level representative.
Direct Deposit Online
Acc#: 1020 4723
BSB: 067 104
Reference: [Initial and last name] Membership
Please screen shot this online receipt and email with your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org