Pharmacy Guild Intern Training Program
Why enrol with the Guild ITP?
- Exceptional Exam Preparation: Our clinical tutors are exam experts, providing dedicated written and oral exam workshop support as well as Guild ITP exclusive practice exam modules
- Flexible Course Structure: Your internship can be tailored to best suit your needs. Fast-track and complete in six months or pace it out over the standard nine month timeline
- 'Real World' Training: The Guild ITP focuses on practical learning including clinical and professional studies, ensuring you walk away with 'real world' experience and training
- FREE APP Registration on the Gold Coast*: As a Guild intern, you'll receive FREE registration to APP, Australia?s largest pharmacy conference (worth $750)! Attend any or all four days to experience the biggest trade exhibition in Australia, fantastic networking opportunities and CPD educational sessions!
- FREE Pharmacy Connect Registration in Sydney^: Pharmacy Connect promotes business opportunities and initiatives allowing pharmacists to stay abreast of changing regulations with plenty of CPD opportunities available and Guild interns get to attend for FREE (worth $450!)
- Work-Life Balance: We understand the importance having a work-life balance so content is focused on the core requirements of your internship
- We know community pharmacy: The Guild has been committed to Pharmacy in Australia since 1928 and now represents over 4,000 community pharmacies across Australia
- Market Leader in Price: Enrol for just $1,855 with flexible payment options available and no extra or hidden fees!
*Free APP – excludes street party and is non-transferable ^Free Pharmacy Connect - excludes Conference Dinner and is non-transferable
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia has been committed to supporting and maintaining community pharmacy for over 88 years. We understand pharmacy and know what owners and employers look for in their interns.
The Guild ITP is delivered to seamlessly incorporate on-the-job learning through a combination of practical self-directed learning exercises, written assignments, Pharmacy Board of Australia mandated requirements as well as face-to-face workshops held throughout the year at multiple locations across Australia. The program has been designed with our interns in mind, so we offer a flexible course structure that can be completed in as little as six months, or paced out over nine months depending on your needs.
Cost and Payment Options
Our Intern Training Program is the market-leader in price at just $1,855. We understand the financial pressures that interns face when first embarking on full-time careers, that's why we offer a number of payment options allowing you to choose the plan that suits your needs.
- Option 1: Single payment of $1855 inc GST
- Option 2: 6 Monthly instalments of $309.16 inc GST
- Option 3: 8 Monthly instalments of $231.87 inc GST
Better yet, there are no extra or hidden fees applicable!
Australian Pharmacy Professional (APP) Conference and Trade Exhibition 2017
Guild interns receive free registration (worth $750) to APP*, Australia's largest pharmacy conference. APP is held each year on the Gold Coast and provides interns with the opportunity to network and connect with like-minded, early career pharmacists and potential employers. You'll have access to exclusive educational sessions and CPD opportunities delivered by industry experts and gain entry to the largest pharmacy trade exhibition in Australia.
Find out more, visit the APP Conference website http://appconference.com
Pharmacy Connect Conference, Sydney 2017
As an added bonus, Guild interns get to ALSO attend the Pharmacy Connect Conference for FREE^ (worth $450!). Pharmacy Connect promotes business opportunities and initiatives allowing pharmacists to stay abreast of changing regulations with plenty of CPD opportunities available. Find out more, visit the Pharmacy Connect Conference website http://pharmacy-connect.com.au/
Want to hear what other interns and preceptors have been saying about the Guild Intern Training Program? View our Testimonials
Enrolment and Course Dates
Start of year Enrolment
Enrolments open from September 1st 2016 – January 31st 2017
Missed the enrolment cut-off date?
The Guild ITP understands the complexities of graduating from your university degree and embarking on full-time work – Contact us email@example.com to discuss flexible enrolment options.
Looking for a preceptor and placement site for your intern year? First things first – check out our list of available intern positions across Australia.
Rural Intern Training Allowance
Established under the 5CPA, the Rural Training Allowance (RTA) provides financial support to assist intern pharmacists from rural and remote areas to access compulsory intern training program activities. Visit the 6CPA website to apply!
Good Price Rural Scholarship
Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse offers rural intern scholarships to current 4th year pharmacy students. The scholarship includes Guild Intern Training Program, Australian Pharmacy Council written exam, AHPRA oral exam fees paid, and free APP Registration. Click here for more information.
*Free APP' – excludes street party and is non-transferable
^Free Pharmacy Connect - excludes Conference Dinner and is non-transferable
For more information, please view our brochure.